If I were to pick my favorite food, I think I would have a three-way tie between Soup, Guac, and Chili Rellenos (not including desserts, obvi). If you’re like me, you love a good soup. This taco soup recipe is a go-to recipe in my house, especially if I have a busy week. I can make this soup, and we can eat it for multiple meals. This version of taco soup also uses ground turkey instead of ground beef which means it’s even a little healthier than the traditional taco soup recipe. Easy, healthy, and tastes good… win, win, win.
Crockpot Taco Soup Ingredients
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 lb of Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup of Diced Onion
1 Can of Canned Corn (drained)
2 Can of Diced Red Tomatoes
1 Can of Kidney Beans
1 Cup of Chicken Broth
1/2 Tbs Chili Flakes
1/2 Tbs Tajin
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Chili Powder
Crockpot Taco Soup Directions
- Start by taking a medium skillet over medium heat, adding your olive oil and onions.
- Move over to your crockpot. Turn your crockpot on low. Add the canned corn, diced red tomatoes, kidney beans, and chicken broth to the crockpot.
- Now head back to your skillet, add the ground turkey to the onions, cook thoroughly. Once cooked, season with your favorite taco seasoning.
- Take the taco meat over to your crockpot and carefully add the taco meat to the soup.
- Add your spices. If you’re choosing to add the optional ingredients, add the ingredients as shown in the video below.
- Stir your soup. Let cook for 4-6 hours and enjoy!
Crockpot Taco Soup Toppings
There are so many options when it comes to topping your taco soup. I tend to eat this taco soup more as a chili vibe than a taco vibe, but do what works for you. I like crackers and shredded Mexican cheese for my soup. If you want a more taco vibe, you can grab your favorite tortilla chips and dip them right in the chili. Another option is sour cream or even a little freshly squeezed lime juice. Like I always say, do what works for you.
How to Store Crockpot Taco Soup
Once your soup is completely cool. Add the soup into Tupperware and place it in your fridge for up to 7 days. You also have the option to store the soup in a freezer bag and freeze it for up to 3 months. I did this a lot when I lived alone because this soup recipe is a lot of food for one person.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please let me know if you make this recipe.
Looking for more crockpot recipes?
Here are some of my other favs.