Happy New Year’s Eve!!! I cannot thank the blogging community and those who read my blog or follow me on social media enough. I was excited, but also a little afraid to jump in the world of blogging again. But, the support I have received has far exceeded my expectations.
Year in Review
And, here we on the last day of 2017. I am excited and hopeful for what is ahead. This year has been my year of new beginnings. I started this blog, my fitness journey, ran and biked my first IronGirl. I finished not one but three 5k’s. I faced my fears and went in a haunted house for the first time since I was 7. I did crouch down behind my husband for most of it and almost choked him on numerous occasions by pulling on his shirt too hard – but still I did it! I made new friends at my gym and through the blogging community. I was able to take a vacation with my son to visit my bestest friend in Colorado who I haven’t visited in years. And, my daughter and I took a girls only road trip. Best of all I started discovering myself this year.
I became a mother at 18. I was young and had to grow up fast. I don’t regret a minute of it. They are my life and I can’t imagine me without them. Now, they are young adults and are starting to learn who they are – how they fit in this world. It has allowed me to look at my own life, to see what I want out of myself. I still don’t have all the answers, but I’m on my way!
I may not be perfect, I have flaws, imperfections. Sometimes I get overwhelmed, sometimes I’m lazy. I don’t have a perfect body, I don’t have a perfect house. But, I am perfectly me. I am kind, loving, and full of possibilities. I’d say that’s perfectly me!
My New Year
Here are my resolutions, or goals or bucket list. However you look at it, I hope that they inspire you to find yours:
- Read more books – if you need a reason to be grateful or be inspired The Diving Bell and the Butterfly reminded me that anything is possible.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $11.90Was: $15.00
- Keep working on my fitness goals
Take a vacation – here is my Colorado trip
Grow my blog – you can subscribe here!
Learn something new
Face a fear
Take a photo a day
Tips to make your resolutions or goals work
- Whether you are starting today, tomorrow or 6 months from now. Writing down your goals is the first step in to turning them into reality.
- Break them down into smaller steps. How are you going to achieve your goal? Some may only need one action item such as picking up a book and reading it. Others need multiple steps like my fitness goals. Although, I wish it would only take one! It’s better to start with smaller achievable goals. I would have probably stopped trying if my goal was to finish first in a full marathon.
- Believe in yourself. If you don’t think you can do it, how will you ever achieve it? Fake it until make it. Trust me, it works!
- Do what makes you happy. If you don’t like reading, you probably aren’t going to want to do it. And, that is the goal, right?!
I wish you all a healthy and happy New Year! I would love to hear what your goals are and any tips you have for making this the best year yet!